Saturday, May 14, 2011

Prayer

I was at lunch today with me lady and I happened to look to my left and saw a man praying at a table. He was quick to open his eyes and look directly at me. "I like to pray, not only for myself but for you and your wife as well. I love praying for people." The man said these words with the most joyous and infectious smile I have seen from stranger in long time. It takes a lot for some people to pray but this man took the time before his meal to pray the others around him. I told the man "we need more people like you." We went about our meals but I could feel the warmth of his prayers throughout our lunch. I'm not the most religious man in the world but I do believe in God and the power of prayer and believing. It reminded me that I should pray for others more than I pray for myself, its a very selfless type of love.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your post caused me to instantly smile. It is nice to know that there are still good people in the world who are willing to pray for strangers. We should all be more prayerful for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is wonderful to find people like this gentlemen. We all get caught up in our own lives and forget many times of our own faith, which ever that may be. Sometimes we tend to lose our way until we are faced with a need to pray. But this gentlemen clearly shows his selfless act for not only praying for his meal but for everyone around him.

    ReplyDelete