Saturday, May 21, 2011
End of the World
Well I have been up for twenty one hours anticipating some type of cataclysmic event however I have been disappointed so far. According to some nut job today is the last day for all of us on earth as fire will fall from the heavens and the earth will begin to shake as the tumultuous rapture unfolds. Still waiting!!! Anyway, I began to give a bit of thought to "what if today were the last day?" How would I spend it? What would I do? Who would I call or go see? All kinds of things began running through my mind. First I would wake up next to a lovely woman I have had the blessing of being with for the last several years and make her breakfast, light delicacy many of us enjoy called a parfait. I would enjoy the entire morning with just her and I not saying many words but staring into each others hearts and soul. As the day continues she would go her way and I would go mine to see my family; mom, dad, my sisters, and my beautiful god-children. I would tell each of them how much they mean to me and that having them has made life seem a whole lot easier. I would kiss each of them goodbye with a firm hug for one last time. I would then meet my buddies for a beer and a cigar we would tell jokes, make fun of each other, laugh uncontrollably and toast to one hell of a ride together...I would also kiss and hug them, their my brothers!!! As the rapture begins to unfold I find myself racing to find my lovely woman, hurrying back to the spot we met as kids, our elementary school playground. I finally arrive and their she is sitting at the swings in a beautiful long white gown with her hair up...just how I like. I run directly for her touch to feel her warm embrace and hug her tighter than I ever have. We fall to the ground holding each other whispering quiet I love you's. We lay on the grass feeling the gentle wind blow without anticipation or agenda. The moment is timeless as we go the exact same way we found each other...in love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great job, Alex. What a way to go? I believe that only God knows when will be the last day on earth. Maybe we should treat everyday as if it were our last. Making sure everyone knows how we feel about them and doing all of those things that we put off for another day.
ReplyDelete